About express entry


Immigration through Express Entry is an application process, specially designed for skilled immigrants to get PR (Permanent Residency) in Canada. If you earned any Canadian diploma and degree, you are eligible to apply through the express entry to take part in the economy. Does Canada need the experienced or skilled workers? Yes, because Canada promotes multiculturalism, and Western Overseas is the best consultancy for Canada express entry.


Moreover, Express Entry is a newly originated system where skilled workers are awarded points based on their qualifications, experience, age, and several other factors to apply for Permanent Residency in Canada in 6 months. Qualified candidates are allowed to the EE (Express Entry) pool and are categorized according to the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System). The CRS is a points-based classification to assess and order candidates in the EE (Express Entry) pool. The CRS marks are derived based on education, the candidate’s age, language skills, work experience, and other factors. After every two weeks, officials of the Canadian government choose the candidates with a superb score from the pool and also offer them an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for PR.


The Three Programs to apply under Canada Express Entry Eligibility:


1. Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

This Canada express entry application is for individuals who have 3 years of work experience in Canada and wants to become residents there. The work experience is calculated by the earned commission and paid wages. The unpaid internships or any volunteer experience may not be counted. As per Canadian NOC (National occupational qualification), work experience must be in TEER 0, 1, 2, or 3 categories. Work experience as self-employment or co-work also does not count in this program. In this category, no specific education is required to improve your rank.


2. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)

To apply under this program. You must require language ability, skilled experience, and education. It requires foreign work experience to settle in Canada permanently. Once you meet all these requirements then you get assessed on the behalf of 6 factors including age, valid job offer, adaptability, language skills, work, and education. The highest-rank assessment candidate will get selected for the federal skilled worker program.


3. Federal Skilled Trades Program (FST)

If an individual falls in the skilled trade category, then it will be possible to apply for becoming a permanent resident. A candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of experience and a certificate of qualification to meet the requirements. The main difference between FSW and FST is eligibility. To improve your rank in FST you must meet the requirements of proof of funds, Admissibility, Skilled work experience, Language ability, Education, and Where you can live in Canada, etc. for more info check the official link.


How does it work?

1. Check if you are eligible

The details we discussed above will ensure you check your eligibility to apply for Canada immigration express entry. You will be asked about age, nationality, family members, details of the job offer, etc. If you get eligible for express entry Canada requirements, then next you will get detailed instructions.


2. Calculate your score

Submit your profile and evaluate it with the help of the CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System). After the assessment, the file will get ranked in the express entry pool. For the invitation, your score must be above then the minimum requirements.


3. Get the documents ready

After the eligibility test, you need some essential documents for further processing such as a result, Documents for permanent residence, proof of relationship to a relative in Canada, and some digital photos to confirm your identity.


4. Fill out your Entry Profile

If you want to move as a skilled worker in Canada, this is your initial step to submit a file in the pool. In this, you will get assessed on several factors. Filling out the entry profile doesn’t assure that you will get an invitation for permanent residence.


5. Get an Invitation

In the last step, the candidates with the highest CRS scores will get selected for Permanent residence. There are no fees to create an EE profile, but if Invitation (ITA) is received, you must submit a profile within 60 days and you have to pay fees.


Basic steps to apply for PR through Express Entry:

1. Fill out the PR application form online

Most of the candidates apply their files through western overseas Canada express entry visa consultants or with the help of an official Canadian online portal with the NOC (National Occupational Classification). If you get any technical issues in filling the same, then there may be other alternatives too.


2. Scan the Documents and upload

Submit the document checklist which is required in the online form. Some of them basic documents are listed below: -

●          Passport or travel document

●          The test result of language

●          Police verification and medical certificates

●          Qualification certificates

●          Marriage certificates if you are married or other like adoption, divorce certificates, etc.

●          Written job offer from a certified employer

●          Proof of funds

●          Or, any other documents that you find required for the application.


3. Pay fees and apply your application

After uploading the documents, you need to pay online processing fees e.g. PR fees, biometric fees, processing fees of family members, and others.

This is approx. charges for your application - Processing fee ($850) and right of permanent residence fee ($515). Rest you can check on the official website.


4. After you apply, check your application status

After applying make sure that you meet all the requirements including all the documents. After your processed application, you will get updates from officials, get your photo and fingerprints, and ask for more documents if required, might set an interview and let you know what will happen next. If you are not found truthful, the application may be rejected.


What if your application gets approved?

If your application gets approved, then you will get a mail COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) and PR Visa. This will have your basic information and your photograph. Let's ensure first that the given information is correct and use it before it expires. You can confirm your permanent residence status through the portal. This is to confirm your email, you are physically present in Canada, etc. To know more, make a call or message, the western overseas team will be happy to assist you.





Quick Enquiry